Henry Sibley High School in Mendota Heights, MN is seeking a Color Guard Director for the 2020-2021 school year. The Henry Sibley marching program consists of a competitive summer parade marching band and winter guard that competes in the North Star Circuit of Color Guards.
· Oversee, plan and implement instruction for both the marching band color guard and winter guard programs.
· Design/choreograph Color Guard material to effectively showcase the student’s abilities and enhance the musical program.
· Instruct students in fundamental, intermediate, and advanced flag, dance and weapon techniques.
· Plan and coordinate all aspects of the Winter Guard program (budgeting, scheduling rehearsals, program design and choreography, etc.).
· Coordinate and collaborate with Director of Bands and marching band staff regarding drill design/staging of guard for the parade program.
· Minimum 4 years performing with a Color Guard/Winter Guard ensemble.
· Minimum 2 years in a Color Guard/Winter Guard instructional role.
· Ability to inspire students and build enthusiasm for the color guard program.
· Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrates professional appearance and attitude.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Effective oral and written communication skills; demonstrates ability to interact appropriately with the public, district staff, and parents.
For more information or to apply, contact Julie Lyford email@example.com.