The North Star Circuit maintains both an academic and a marching scholarship fund. Funds for the scholarship are made available through ticket sales of the Premiere Show, which is the first scheduled show of the competitive winter season. Scholarships are awarded at North Star Championships, March 28th at Osseo High School.
In addition to the scholarships above, the Jim Zika (Rosettes) scholarship ($500) is awarded to an individual who is continuing their marching career with the intention of contributing back to the North Star Circuit. The scholarship was started by Jim Zika’s family to honor his memory and commitment to the Rosettes and the winter guard activity. To view past recipients, click here.
*New This Year*
Dik Buelow Memorial Scholarship sponsored by the Babcock Debutantess.
In honor of Dik’s memory and continuing his passion for the marching art, this scholarship is intended to help an outstanding participant further their academic goals. Debutantes alumnae who were profoundly impacted by Dik’s teaching are funding this scholarship and thank the North Star Circuit for their cooperation in presenting this award.
The Dik Buelow Memorial Scholarship will be awarded at the North Star Championships on March 28, 2020 to a current member of a color guard participating in the North Star Circuit.
To qualify, ALL of the following must be TRUE:
• Applicant is currently a member or support personnel of a unit that holds membership in the Circuit
• The affiliated unit performed at the Premiere Show of the respective season
• Applicant has definite further marching plans that will occur in the 12 months from the awarded scholarship
• Applicant has not previously received a Marching or Academic Scholarship from the North Star Circuit
PLEASE HAVE THESE ITEMS READY BEFORE COMPLETING THE FORM AS THEY WILL NEED TO BE ATTACHED AT TIME OF COMPLETION.
• Two letters of recommendation
• High School/College Transcript (if applying for the Academic Scholarship)
Applications are due March 13th, 2020 and can be completed below.